2) Sapphire bridge – The sapphire bridge originated from the idea to mimic the floating feel of the rock of Monaco. To create this effect, we needed to produce a transparent bridge. As we found, current manufacturing technologies are not equipped to easily produce such small and precise parts out of sapphire. After a lengthy process in which we broke a considerable amount of glass, we landed on a laser cutting technology that could allow the precision as well as the finishing we were looking for. Finished with a special multiple layer double sided anti reflection coating to reduce light reflection and maximize the transparent feel, we are excited by the unique end result.
For the production of the Sapphire tourbillon bridge, we joined forces with Sébastien Sangsue of Sebal S.A., a specialist manufacturer of sapphire and mineral glasses in Boécourt, Switzerland.
- New Milestone Ateliers deMonaco
- E'COLLEZIONE SINGAPORE LAUNCHES NEW RETAIL CONCEPT
- *New Atelier*
- Business outlook for 2010
- Where to buy?
- Work in progress
- New re-designed Ronde d'Or