As we have had the prototype of the Minute Repeater since the GTE in January, we had the opportunity to ask fellow watchmakers to review our product and take all small imperfections out, and ask feedback from end consumers that have worn the proto-type watch for extended period of times. And yes, even if you think your product is the best in the world, this proces revealed some great feedback. See the latest adjustments to our launch model for Basel that we finalized a couple of hours ago, just in time for tomorrow’s grand opening:
– Changed the shape of the crown for easier handling.
– Changed the material (Ti) and the construction of the case back for better and louder sound.
– Sapphire crystals are driven in without the use of a joint or gasket to further improve the sound, while keeping water resistance.
– We increased the size of the gold centrifugal regulating weights to slow down the speed of the striking mechanism, making it easier to count the chimes.
– The Titanium activation slide at the 9 o’clock side of the case is hand-engraved with grip lines to make activation of the minute repeater easier.
Hope you get a change to see it for yourself in Basel…we might have a surprirse for you sur place…..
- BASELWORLD 2015 - NEW ATELIERS DEMONACO "PDG" COLLECTION WITH THE PRESTIGIOUS POINTCON DE GENEVE CERTIFICATION
- Taking Basel by surprise....
- Baselworld 2012 - meet the Ronde de Monte-Carlo
- Basel Novelties - step 1
- Baselworld 2011 - The wrap-up
- Basel is around the corner!
- Baselworld 2014 in full swing
- BASELWORLD 2015 - ATELIERS DE MONACO / INTRODUCES THE "ADMIRAL COLLECTION"
- Basel Novelties - step 2
- Ateliers deMonaco makes its debut at Baselworld 2010